With a blog dedicated to miracles, I thought I should first define just what constitutes a miracle.
Here is what Google Dictionary returned:
- A surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency
- – the miracle of rising from the grave
- A highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment that brings very welcome consequences
- – it was a miracle that more people hadn’t been killed or injured
- – a miracle drug
- An amazing product or achievement, or an outstanding example of something
- – a machine which was a miracle of design
miracle [ˈmɪrəkəl]n1. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) an event that is contrary to the established laws of nature and attributed to a supernatural cause2. any amazing or wonderful event3. a person or thing that is a marvellous example of something the bridge was a miracle of engineering4. (Performing Arts / Theatre) short for miracle play5. (modifier)being or seeming a miracle a miracle cure[from Latin mīrāculum, from mīrārī to wonder at]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
Miracle – An event or circumstance that is unexpected, unexplainable, and generates a feeling of awe, wonder and gratitude.